The State of Alabama, through the Alabama Department of Revenue (ALDOR), has a new grant program, Revive Alabama Small Business Grant Program, for small businesses affected by COVID-19. You may qualify even if you received a loan under the federal Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), a loan under the federal Economic Injury Disaster Loan program, or monies from Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA).
- Must be an Alabama business operational as March 1, 2020, and still in operation
- Have no more than 19 full-time equivalent employees
- Must not be a subsidiary of, or owned by, a business with more than 50 full-time equivalent employees
- Nonprofits are not eligible to apply
- Religious-based businesses may apply if they meet all eligibility requirements
- Must be in good standing with ALDOR, having filed both 2017 and 2018 Alabama Income Tax returns
- Have average gross revenue of less than $5,000,000 for each of the past 2 tax years
Applications can be filed with the ALDOR via online portal. The portal opens at noon on July 16, 2020, and will remain open until midnight July 25, 2020.
Applicants must have a My Alabama Taxes (MAT) account and logon information to access the grant application. If you don’t have MAT account, and would like to apply, we suggest you set one up as soon as possible, or by July 16th at the latest. The MAT Account Application for the Revive Alabama Small Business Grant program can be found here: Application for MAT Account for RASB Grant